Era Of The Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shunshin problem.

4 posters

Go down

The Shunshin problem. Empty The Shunshin problem.

Post  Vartio Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:00 am

So in an interest on making sure all of the rulings/etc I've made are correct, I've found a fairly disturbing problem:

Shunshin in it's entirety as we know it.

It's first actual appearance was done by a genin:

The First Shunshin, done by Sasuke.

In the following page, you can see what is clearly unnatural speeds for him. In fact, this relates to a previous argument in-game related to Suimen. How did Sasuke suddenly learn this technique when the week was used to prepare for Zabusa? That's just it:

He learned it from that very training. Albeit he used an unrefined form.

To make things more complicated, Sasuke used Shunshin without even a handseal. The fact this was a Shunshin exists in Haku couldn't trace it's movements, a standard trait of shunshin.

And furthermore, DURING his airtime, he had the ability to launch a number of shuriken at Haku.

Flicker Fighter, thy identity est fuck'd.

The next time we see Shunshin is not even 20 chapters later.

Haku knows it too, of course.
The next page explicitly shows the familiar smoke cloud of a Shunshin.

Next time we see something LIKE it, Kakashi's going off to the Jounin meeting for the Chuunin Exams. This however, seems to be more a leap onto a building at a high speed based on what we see in the drawing.

THe next time we see a Genin Do it? Is the infamous "Gaara of the Sand Waterfall" himself.

His is also the first and only known occurance of a Non-Smoke/Leaf style Shunshin. This being a Shunshin is confirmed by Kishimoto, whom notes that Gaara uses Sand for his Shunshin in the databooks as his distractionary medium.

And but a few pages later, voila, Sasuke's seen using it again with no visible fatigue or anything.

And god forbid, Kankuro and Temari too.

Point made: Crazah's ruling has absolutely no foundations as to it's drain, other than a desperate want and desire to nerf it. With proper conditions and the sort it isn't impossible to nerf it so it's still not battle worthy. (Note that the only time it was used in combat up to this point, including the fight with Ay: Sasuke and Haku were standing still for a time and even had time to take and prepare a charge without being attacked.

Below are all other uses of Shunshin up to chapter 50, enjoy the show.

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-41-5/naruto/chapter-36.html

Gai demonstrates exactly how it looks from a veteran at it. Notice the exit smoke?

And Paul Revere-Uchiha said "THE CHUUNINS ARE COMING! THE CHUUNINS ARE COMING! ...And some Special Jounins.

So, we got 2 confirmed, and 1 semi-confirmed Genin shunshin. 2 via Sasuke (Vs Haku, after Gaara), one being the unconfirmed (former), and 1 via Gaara.

In neither cases were fatigue shown. Being 'slowed down' after is valid. As even most of the Jounins who use it show signs they didn't actually move much/actively once they left Shunshin-speed.

So the question is; with what evidence we do have available, should I take this into consideration and drop the drains costs? On the uphand, this means Shunshin -will- see non-fighting use without being nagged about. On the other, we still have enough rules, conditions, limitations, etc, to prevent Shunshin being used by those inexperienced with it.

I'll let you all decide.

Edit: LOL SHUNSHIN PUNCH HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AS CANON, ON A FUCKING GENIN.

Sakura: Shunshin! Falcon Punch!

Last edited by Vartio on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Vartio

Back to top Go down

The Shunshin problem. Empty Re: The Shunshin problem.

Post  SlayerthePhlegmatic Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:08 am

Although this information is logical, I feel the in order to help retain a certain level of balance in the game, shunshin should be -nerfed-. It should remain a utterly draining technique, that's meant for scouting, and for certain cases, battle.

I also believe that flicker fighter should be split into two perks. A lower end one, and the one we have currently, so that people who want to focus on utilizing it for combat, can do it early on.
SlayerthePhlegmatic
SlayerthePhlegmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Galion Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:39 pm

The perk system just isn't right for proper canon shunshin. Slayer is right.
If we had shunshin punches, everybody would be spamming that shit and going like "lol, ur bones r broken cuz i falcon punched u" or "lol, i shunshined. my katana is undodgeable now."
Galion
Galion

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinku, Azami Thu May 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Totally logical. But, I agree with the two above me. If body flicker didn't have flicker fighter then damn. Turns into judgement day.

Shinku, Azami

Back to top Go down

Post  SlayerthePhlegmatic Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:59 am

Shinku, Azami wrote:Totally logical. But, I agree with the two above me. If body flicker didn't have flicker fighter then damn. Turns into judgement day.

gravedigging
SlayerthePhlegmatic
SlayerthePhlegmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down