Era Of The Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Programming Application

Go down

Programming Application Empty Programming Application

Post  XeroXen Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Your Information
Name/Screenname: XeroXen
Key: XeroXen
Location/Timezome: EST
Position Applying: Programmer

Game Development Experiences: As far as programming in DM goes, I've only dabbled with various things in small projects of my own. In other languages, I hardly got into game programming. (I dabbled with the Slick2D engine in Java and a few other game development tools as well)

Freehand Questions
What made you want to offer your services to the Era of the Shinobi Team?

Quite frankly, I love to program and right now I have nothing else to do. My biggest hobbies are programming, video games, and roleplaying, so I figured volunteering my services to this game might be a nice way to spend some of my plentiful spare time. I also want to get some firsthand experience in developing in DM, and want to learn how to integrate different systems efficiently within a live environment.

Pretty much, I just want the experience and I want to help you guys out. I'm not looking for any kind of in-game reward for offering my services. I guess my main reason for applying is because without university I'm just really bored, and I really just feel like helping out wherever I can.

How can you help this game reach it's full potential:

With my programming ability, of course! Not only am I a fast learner, but I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to programming.

-Knowledge of Java, C#, HTML, CSS, Javascript, ASP.NET, Visual Basic, and various things about SQL and database manipulation.

-Experience as a programmer in a professional environment. During my senior year of high-school I was working as a paid intern where I created systems for a local company. (I mostly made web apps that received and edited data that existed in databases.)

-Several years of schooling in various languages. In high-school, I was always leagues ahead of everyone in terms of knowledge in class. (I mostly ended up teaching myself various new concepts after I finished up everything the class had to offer).

However, not only am I a programmer, but I'm also both a competitive gamer and I aspire to be in the game development business one day. I believe I can help in the creative process, and create new gameplay additions that would keep Era of the Shinobi a fun game to play, while still maintaining the roleplaying element that is the foundation of the game itself. I've found that far too many games on BYOND are simply stale, and that's because they don't build their games to the standards of "real" games. I, however, do not fall under this mindset. I strive for quality in everything that I do, and that's why I believe that I can help this game reach its full potential.

What are some ideas you can come up with right now that can improve Era of the Shinobi's current state:

Right now, I have very little experience with the game and its mechanics. However, I very much enjoy optimization of systems, and know that the game could easily be improved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Info:

E-mail: jonathon.lee.lewis @ gmail . com (apparently I can't post links right now so I had to put spaces)

-Skype is preferred if you want a timely response, as I rarely check my e-mail these days.

XeroXen

Back to top Go down